– Plan to be early for class. Each lesson provides your child with a very valuable half hour learning experience. Why miss a minute of it??? Plan to be ten to fifteen minutes early.
– Be patient. Understand that the learning process is not always one of steady progress. Try not to overreact to setbacks and/or judge your child’s development by one day’s results/progress. With children, some days are better than others. Within a few classes, you will see progress.
– Challenge your child to reach their full potential. Kids usually perform to our expectations. Set them high and do not be surprised when they exceed them!!
– Get involved in your child’s swimming education. Understand what they are working on. Provide practice time (family swim time) and help them develop their skills. Show your pleasure with their development. You are your child’s BIGGEST cheerleader and the greatest motivator for any child is the approval of Mom & Dad! Talk regularly with your child’s instructor or with management. We are as committed to your child’s education as you are.
– Stay with swimming instruction year-round. It takes time to learn a new skill proficiently and have your child develop a skill that will last a lifetime of swimming enjoyment.